More than 50% of google search is done on mobile devices compared to desktop. This will definitely increase!
What does this means for your mobile website? It means that:
- The website has to have a RESPONSIVE Design. Basically the website can adapt its content to any type of device, tablets, iPads, iPhones, laptops and desktop computers.
- The website should be secure with SSL certificate. The biggest one, as of October 2017, Google Chrome will start to warn people if website is secure or unsecure and eventually will put the website at the bottom of the list.
- The website has to load fast. If people go to a website that doesn’t load and clicks on the back button google sees it has a negative feedback which consequently penalizes the website.
- Another practice to make sure the website loads fast is to use the Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) technology. AMP is a way to build web pages for static content that allows the pages to load and pre-render in Google search much faster than regular HTML.
- The header image should be small because people don’t want to scroll too much before they find the content.. That could be annoying and people could leave the site. Also text should be a readable size and dark in color.
- Don’t use pop ups, especially those that take the entire screen, because in mobile site it is really hard to exit out of this pop up. Also using too many pop up affects the ranking in a negative manner.
Do you have any questions? Drop a comment in the box below