Instagram’s algorithm is like a complicated puzzle and when you think you are close to solving it, it changes again. Instagram doesn’t announce the changes on the blog, but you look for them somewhere into the Instagram Help Center.
So, what’s changed:
- Big accounts doesn’t count anymore. Quality is rewarded over quantity. In Instagram doesn’t matter that you have a lot of followers,what matters is the engagement that the post generates.
- When you post right now there is a chance that only 10% of the audience is going to see your post.
- You have to respond to comments left on your posts within 60 minutes. Otherwise, your post’s visibility might gradually decrease.
- Even though the number of hashtags is up to 30 per post, this can be picked up as a spam. Seems that the best way to go is 5 unique hashtags.
- Do not edit caption after posting because it will lower your engagement rate.
- Use popular hashtags but not too popular because your post will be buried in all the others.
A new feature that Instagram has introduced is the ability to “follow hashtags”. The benefit of the new feature is that if users are using a specific hashtag, your posting is likely to be shown on their explore page.
For any questions send an email to email@example.com